In order to obtain the EM certificate an EM PhD student must:
- Attend the EM symposium at least 2 times during the PhD contract.
- Collect a minimum of 15 EC comprised of:
- A minimum of 8 EC should be obtained from EM graduate courses.
- A maximum of 5 EC in MSc courses given by one of the local institutes. The followed courses must patch missing skills in the training of a PhD student, as required for his/her particular project. The exam is compulsory and has to be passed. A written proof of completion has to be submitted to the EM secretariat.
- External courses approved by the EM graduate school.
EM students that comply with these requirement can apply for the EM certificate through the form below. Note that extra credit points (above 15 EC) related to professional skills (presentation skills, technical writing, software training, etc.) can be listed on the certificate. The certificate is formally handed over during the annual EM symposium.